Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ok, I have to admit, this blog is stressing me out. From the title to the font to figuring out what to say! I know once I get into it, I will love it. But geez... the stress.

So, I'll start by giving an update on the fam. Micah is loving his job as a family law attorney. He has always felt called by God to help people. As we discussed tonight in our Bible study class, he is shining his light from God into darkness. At the beginning of his job he came home everyday and would start every sentence with "They are in such a bad place..." I told him after a few weeks of this that if they weren't in a bad place they wouldn't need him. On a lighter note, he loves going into the court room to argue. And no, that doesn't mean that he gets all that out in court and doesn't like to argue at home. He LOVES to argue. He could argue with a box and in his mind he wins every time.

Madie is doing so well in 3rd grade. She is my rule-following child and it reflects in her schoolwork. For the 2nd 9 weeks in a row, she had straight A's. Micah and I are continuing the tradition in my family that if you get straight A's you get to go out to dinner at the restaurant of your choice. She hasn't had her dinner yet because she picked IHOP and Micah wasn't thrilled. ;) Her big goal is to have straight A's the entire year and be rewarded with a dinner at Sullivan's steakhouse. We introduced her to crab legs not too long ago and she is hooked, so steak with crabmeat on top is sounding good to her. Keep in mind, this kid knows a good steak when she sees one. Growing up at the cafe has taught her that. I remember when she was 2 or 3 we tried to give her beef tips and told her it was steak and she looked at us and said "that is NOT steak!" Madie will turn 9 in 3 weeks. I can't believe my little girl will be 9. She is such a strong, sweet, loving child. Oreo is her newest love- he's her pet guinea pig. It is so much fun to watch her with him.

Grant is our laugh a minute. I wish I could remember all the things he says that just cracks me up. I try to run and write it down, but this Mom brain really kicks in and I usually get half of it written and have no idea what the other half was. Not only does he say funny things, but his facial expressions are what put it over the top. He is a charmer and all out sweetheart. He is so thoughtful and thinks of other people. Grant loves the Texas Longhorn football team so much. Colt McCoy is his hero. A few months ago he was having a rough day, just getting hurt at every turn. That afternoon, he smacked the snot out of his knee and couldn't be tough anymore. He was sobbing on the ground and as I tried to console him, through his tears he said "I have to be tough like Colt, Mom!!" And just continued to sob. It broke my heart, I told him that it was ok to cry, Colt gets hurt too! Not sure he believed me. His other love are fast cars- Nascar specifically, but he doesn't discriminate. He loves Corvettes (they are in his blood- his grandparents and great aunt and uncle used to race them), Mustangs, Vipers, if it's fast, he loves it.

I guess that leaves me. I think it's harder to write about me. My day consists of cleaning, playing on the computer, cleaning, playing cars, cleaning, working on writing letters and numbers, cleaning, 3rd grade math (BLECH), cleaning, making dinner and then collapsing. I've been trying lately to do some of the things that make me, me. I've been trying to scrap more, I've been taking more pictures lately. We are getting back into the swing of our church activities- Wednesday night Foundations and Thursday morning Mothers of Young Children. I love both of these groups as they both have added so much to our lives. It's how Micah got his current job! It seems lately I have been planning party after party. First my sis-in-law, Tara, decorated a wedding in November, then Tara's baby shower in January, then my friend, Katy's baby shower last weekend. Madie has opted to forgo a birthday party and go to the American Girl store in Dallas instead. So that has saved me from another party so soon, but there will be Grant's 4th birthday in April. Another sis-in-law's baby shower in early May, followed by birthday party central in June. Don't call in July, I'll be pooped! Ok, I think I've rambled on for long enough! That wore me out!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Micah can argue with a box (and still believe he won the argument!)...

    Madie is amazing - I'm so proud, being a teacher and all! ;)

    Grant. *sigh* He's adorable. I wish we could bottle him up and save him like this forever!

    You, Ash, are an awesome mom. You literally blow me away! Your kids are wonderful, your talents are fabulous and you're like another sister to me. :) I'm blessed to have you as a friend, too. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I enjoyed a glimpse of your family. So sweet! Looking forward to more...and I'm your first follower. lol

    ReplyDelete