Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The End of Summer


Can you smell it? Freshly sharpened pencils, brand new folders, unopened packs of paper? I love school supplies and thankfully so does Madie. I usually end up over-buying in my exuberance. For example Madie has 2 pencil boxes this year- never mind that she still has 2 perfectly good ones from last year. Ah, well. Perhaps she can share one with me. Every year I marvel at how quickly Madie gets ready on the first day of school. Yesterday (the first day) she was completely dressed, hair fixed, teeth brushed, accessorized, bed made and guinea pigs feed with at least 15 minutes to spare. Today (day 2) not so much. Micah was standing at the door waiting for her and she was going to have to tie her shoes in the car.

She had a fantastic first day at a brand new school. It was a brand new school in two ways- the school opened it's doors for the first time yesterday and it is Madie's new school. I think she has been really anxious for yesterday for a long time. She seemed very determined yesterday to just get it over with. When she got in the car yesterday afternoon she seemed as though a huge weight had been lifted. I think (and hope) that she is going to have a great year.

We moved at the beginning of August to Steiner Ranch and so far we are really loving it. The house is so much bigger than the last one- in fact we have two entire rooms without furniture. We are finally beginning to settle into the house. I am anxious to start enjoying all that Steiner offers- the playgrounds, pools, basketball courts, etc. I signed Grant up to play soccer with the Neighborhood Soccer Association, except that we were put on a waiting list. Until they sent out an email looking for coaches in Grant's age group and I convinced Micah to coach! Grant is excited to play and even more excited that Micah is going to be his coach.Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment